[APIWriters] Job Opportunity: VMWare (Bangalore), 5-8 years exp
Company: VMWare (Bnagalore)
Job: Technical Writer
Desired Knowledge and Abilities
- BS/BA in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5-8 years writing experience writing software documentation for a technical audience is a strong advantage
- Experience architecting complex documents and documentation sets
- Experience creating documentation plans and schedules for documents and documentation sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Clear understanding of all stages of the software development cycle, from concept to final product release, and the role of a technical writer in this process
- Ability to provide input on processes and suggest process improvements
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain them with clarity and technical accuracy;
- Creates written text with minimal stylistic and grammatical errors.
- Ability to conduct research in order to learn complex new technologies
- Ability to analyze complex tasks
- Flexible and able to work with new technology in a fast-paced environment where requirements change
- Basic knowledge of Windows OS and UNIX/Linux.
- Ability to create web pages and write HTML code
- Knowledge of information design and structured authoring
- Desirable to have experience in developing content in DITA and HTML in compliance with the requirements for minimalistic writing and style guidelines.
- Desirable to have working knowledge of FrameMaker XMetal, Trisoft CMS, CVS, Perforce, SnagIt, Camtasia, Dreamweaver.